A lot of us do believe that equity investment is the one which can help an individual to beat inflation and create wealth over a long time. This is very true but here is the twist. An investor always needs to be stay informed about his/her portfolio on a regular basis whenever he/she is investing directly in stock markets.
Today we will learn some of the easy and free methods through which an investor can track (quarterly results, corporate announcements etc) companies easily.
Our aim is to get notified of any news on the company quickly.
Moneycontrol is indeed most popular financial website among investor & traders. It provides news, charts and a lot of tools to help traders & investors.
You need to create a portfolio on Moneycontrol website.
- Sign up on Moneycontrol.com website and click on portfolio
- First, you need to add all your investments manually. Though they have an import mechanism, first an investor need to create CSV file according to their mentioned template.
- Once you are done with adding your portfolio, you can check news based on the companies you have invested.
- You can find alerts section at the bottom section of Portfolio page.
This is the best resource in the Indian market for fundamental investors. And the good part is, it is completely free.
The screener can be used for official alerts/announcement by the company. A lot of times these official announcements (pledging of shares/analyst con call etc.) are missed on sites like Moneycontrol and investors do not have time to track their investments daily.
- Sign up on Screener.com
- Search a company in the search bar & click on add to watchlist.
- Once you have added all the company in your watchlist, visit the homepage.
- On the homepage, you will able to see Newsfeed based on Company corporate announcements.
- You will also be able to see upcoming results if there are any.
This app provides a lot of data to analyse for investors & traders.
We will restrict ourselves to getting alerts/news based on our investments.
- Sign up on APP.
- Create a watchlist under “My StockEdge” section.
- Add your portfolio companies to your watchlist.
Once you have completed your watchlist you can scroll to these sections
- News: Provide all news based on your watchlist categorised by date.
- Updates: You can get corporate announcement & action under this. Example (Quarterly results, dividend date etc.)
- Deals: This section is foremost important for traders. Here you can get all bulk/block or insider deal on the watchlist companies.
I hope this article will be helpful for you. Connect with us on Telegram to learn more about fundamental analysis.