I have occurred huge loss in Satin CreditCare, due to my impatience and following advice from others without my own discretion.
I lost around Rs 10,000 in Satin because of my immaturity in the stock market.
Take a look at the Satin CreditCare price trend in last 3 years.
My journey in Satin CreditCare
I invested in satin in Feb 2017 with around Rs 9,000. That was sort of peak of this stock. Being a novice investor, I keep on averaging out as soon as stock decreases 10 points. At Jun 2017 My invested price in satin was around 38,000 with a current value as 28,000.
Satin works in the micro-finance sector and it was demonetization hugely affected its business. It posted huge losses in Q4 2017 and Q1 2018 from profitable quarters in 2017. Being a small firm there was not much of news and data available on the web apart from Annual reports.
I was getting impatience and sad to see such a huge loss on my portfolio. As of this saying,
I was not willing to accept any further decline in the stock price. So I took a big decision, to exit from Satin @ 270 in early Jun 2017.
But to my huge surprise, the next day Satin Credit Care’s price climbed around 7%. And in last 5 months, it has grown 50% from the exit price.
On that day I learned a lesson, hard way.
For the people who what to jump into the overwhelming place of creating wealth. Some of my observations during my investments are
- To every new investor out there, first, decide your time frame of investing.
- You should ask yourself whether you are a Trader or an Investor. If you are not sure about this, please refrain yourself from investing, you are bound to lose money.
- An Investor should do his own research and invest for long term.
- Do not get panicked by the short-term volatility of the stock.
- Do not just sell a stock because it’s share price has fallen because Markets are uncertain and they will be uncertain.
This is why Investing is art rather than just science.